It’s a rare person who loves public speaking or appearing on video. If that’s you, you can stop reading right now. ;P But if you, like many others, suffers sweaty palms, racing heart, and uncontrolled butterflies...and you’re letting these get in the way of your live video marketing dream...then read on.
Here’s the thing: We all get nervous. Even those who love public speaking and appear so natural on video are often shaking on the inside. They’ve just found a way to deal with their fear and make it work for them.
First and foremost, practice makes progress, the repetitive nature of practicing goes a long way in getting you comfortable going live. The first time you do anything, you’re likely to be nervous...especially if it’s in public. The only way to crush the fear is to do it. And do it again. And again. And again. In the beginning, that means you should go live as often as you can in order to find your comfort!
No perfection syndrome allowed! Don't put huge expectations on yourself or your audience. No one is great when they start, but you can't improve, if you do nothing. Commit, be consistent, evaluate, don't criticize, and you'll be amazed at how much you'll grow into your "LIVE" self!
Here Are 5 More Tips To Help You Get Over Your Live Video Fears
1. Be You, and be fabulous! Your audience wants to get to know YOU better, not the person you think you should be. So be your fabulous fun-loving, mistake-making, self-loving self. It will resonate so much better with your audience that everything else will be easier as a result.
2. Get a live accountability partner! You can support each others lives and be the "friendly face" on the other side of the camera! Nothing boosts your confidence more than people cheering you on! It's why I created the Dream it Live-Stream it Club.
3. Dual Broadcast! Speaking of friendly faces...This one is so fun! If it feels weird and unnatural talking to yourself on camera, have someone come on live with you! When you're not alone it takes some of the pressure off and can help you get comfortable and have fun! I did my first live-steams with my son on a story-time!
4. Get Pumped! Avoid the deer in the headlights look and get yourself in the right mood! Before you go live, blast your favorite feel good music, sing, dance around, what ever it takes!
5. Best Practices! There's no one size fits all to doing live video. With that said, there are some best practices. Learning and implementing best practices will help you get comfortable while your finding your live self! The more comfortable you are, the better you'll get at trying new things to see what works best for you!
Practice, partner up, be you, get pumped, and use best practices, you'll be crushing your lives in no time!
Enter your name and email to subscribe! We NEVER share your information!